Corporate Social Responsibility
At SFO, CSR is at the heart of the corporate culture. There is a total commitment to contributing to the welfare of the society. This happens through well-designed CSR initiatives with an intention of serving the society by philanthropy.
The CSR Vision at SFO
“To strive for the economic & social development by consulting proactively with the community & the stake holders, to understand the necessities of the society & design initiatives for the well being of the society at large, on a continuous basis & to ensure that such measures are implemented effectively.”
Identified Focus Areas are:
- Health: Eradicating hunger, poverty & malnutrition promoting preventive health care & sanitation & making available safe drinking water.
- Education & Employment: Promoting education & employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, women & the disabled.
- Women Empowerment: Promoting gender equality, empowering women setting up homes & hostels for women & orphans setting up old age homes
- Nature: Ensuring environmental sustainability, animal welfare, agro-forestry conservation of natural resources.
- National Heritage: Protection of national heritage art & culture, promotion & development of traditional arts & handcrafts
SFO’s Sustainability initiatives are developed focussing on Environmental aspects, Health & Safety of all stake holders, Human Rights & Labor rights and Ethical Business practices.
We are guided by principles from International Sustainability standards like the United Nations Global Compact, Global Reporting Initiative and ISO 26000.
SFO has chosen Ecovadis Platform as the tool for Implementing, rating and continually improving our Sustainability Policies, Actions and Results.